Yesterday our family had a TERRIFIC day. We didn't do anything special, it was just a normal day! Let me back track a little, I have been seeing a Pulmonologist since I got pregnant with Mckenna (for asthma). The doctor is GREAT. He is super friendly and young. He has a cute little family (we saw them at Hobby Lobby once) and is very personable. Well, we had to switch insurance companies and my asthma is now considered a pre-existing condition- making it something they won't cover. I needed new prescriptions, so we decided it was worth it to just pay for an office visit.
SO, yesterday I went in to see him. During the course of the appointment I mentioned something about our insurance not covering my asthma any more. He finished checking my lungs and heart and then said "Well, I won't charge you for any of your appointments. You can always come see me and it won't cost you anything!" I was stunned. What is a person supposed to say to that. Who really has a doctor that just tells them they don't have to pay anything for their appointments. He said that they (him and his wife) were once poor students too and that he understands the situation. This couldn't have come at a better time for us! What a blessing!!!!
We were so happy leaving that office, but we had a couple errands to run. We had to return something to Babies R Us. We got out of the car and a lady stops us. She said "Are you going into Babies R Us". We answered and then she gave us a 15% off coupon that she didn't use and told us it expired today! We weren't planning on purchasing anything, but we were able to get 15% off of something we had originally purchase at full price (and will return the full priced one later!)
It was a normal day made GREAT by some very kind people! It was a good reminder that we receive great blessings when we are doing what is right!!!!!!!
7 comments:
Sorry you have asthma, but what an awesome story! I too love experiences like those (Who wouldn't?). Great post. We need to hang out soon!
That is SO sweet! I am happy for you guys and greatful that there are some nice people in this world! It makes you want to pay it forward.................. :)
I'm so glad that karma is coming back to you guys for all you do for other people! You definitely deserve it- what a great day! :)
That is REALLY AMAZING! It inspires me to "pay it forward" too.
that is so awesome! isn't it wonderful to know that there are sweet, kind people around?
Sounds like a great day!! It's nice to see there are still some considerate and kind people out there in this crazy world...I want to pay it forward!
How cool! I love nice people.
Post a Comment