Wednesday, August 5, 2009

June and July

The summer has gone by incredibly fast! I can't believe it is already August!!! We have been keeping ourselves very busy!!!
In the end of June Jeff and I went to see "Wicked". It was AWESOME! I loved every second of it!!!
We left Mckenna with our niece Ashley for the night. It was a wonderful date!

Mckenna loves watching the rain. We opened the door one morning and let her watch for a long time! Mckenna also had a UTI during June. She had to get a catheter twice to check for infection and then had to have a kidney ultrasound and VCUG. She was diagnosed with urinary reflux. Hopefully she will out grow the problem, but until then she has to be on antibiotics every day. This helps keep infection out of her bladder, which helps keep infection out of her kidneys!

My cousin Erin came to visit in San Antonio. It was SOO much fun. We ate down at the Riverwalk at my very favorite San Antonio restraunt- Casa Rio!

We played LOTS and LOTS and LOTS with the Phillips! Mckenna and Chandler are so cute together. The are the VERY best of buds!
We went to the lake with Aunt Jana and Uncle Chad (plus their kiddos!)
We saw the midnight showing of "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince" with our niece Ashley. She dressed up as Hermionne Granger! Isn't she ADORABLE??? She even had people come up to her and ask if they could take their picture with her!!!

Had a family reunion.

Mckenna turned ONE!!!!

I drove to Houston for my cousins bridal shower. It was so fun! I got to stay for her bridal pictures as well! She is going to be a gorgeous bride! The only pictures I have of this she is wearing her wedding dress and I promised that I would not let her fiance seem them- so no pictures on here :-)


Now, we are in Utah :-) We got to spend lots and lots of time with family. I will be here for awhile, but it has been fun!!!!

7 comments:

Alyse Andes said...

Sounds like you guys are having fun and keeping yourselves busy :) And it is so good to see a picture of you and Jeff - I miss you guys so much!!

amber {and co.} said...

You guys really have had a busy (but FUN) summer!! I love all the pictures, that's a really good one of you and Jeff! And I love the one of Mckenna feeding Chandler, they are so cute together! You seem to get the best pictures of Chandler, I need to go through all the ones you've taken! :)

Jared and Delia said...

How fun! What part of Utah? Maybe we could see each other! I am in Logan.
Cute pictures as always.

Jared and Delia said...

You look great too Cara...I just had to add that. :)

Jenni said...

Wasn't Wicked AMAZING? We loved it! and I have never even heard of Casa Rio. Next time you guys go, give us a call. We love trying new restaurants. Have fun in Utah and yeah for our beach plans!!!

Brittany said...

What a busy summer!!!! Hallie has the same outfit as McKenna in the post below this one. Too bad we can't take them somewhere dressed as twins :( I don't get to use the internet much because we don't have it at home so I'm pretty much an inactive blogger, but I am glad to see you guys are doing good. I miss you and wish so bad it was 5 years from now and we lived back in AZ together again :) LUV YA!

Josh and Tiff said...

She looks more like a toddler now than a baby. I can't believe how fast she is growing. She is a doll.