We decided to drive to Utah so that we could give my parents our dog, Rowdy. Sad, I know, but he LOVES his new house! He has two built in best friends, Kia and Phoebe. I should have gotten a picture, but no such luck :-(
Our first stop was a night in Trinidad, Colorado. We stayed at a hotel that had an indoor pool so that we could take Kenna swimming. She LOVED it!!! She learned how to jump off the deck to one of us and even wanted to stay longer even though it was pretty chilly.
After our swimming adventures we drove the 3 hours to Denver. We stayed with Jeff's sister, Melissa, and her family. I was excited to see Mckenna and Jennifer (their 14 month old) play, but instead of playing Mckenna decided to get sick. She woke up at 1am PUKING...ugh! We were up for the next 9 hours with a sick baby! It was miserable!!! Poor baby! We spent one more day in Denver and then headed out to Utah.
Our next drive was from Denver to Lehi, Utah. What a drive. It was so beautiful, but FREEZING. The car thermometer showed -4 degrees for several hours of the drive. BRrrrRRr!
We spent the next (almost) two weeks in Utah. We played and ate and played so more! It was so great!
Mckenna loved CHRISTMAS!!!! Her favorite part... CANDY! She learned how to say candy and asked for it 100's of times a day. She is a true kid.
Jeff bought a snowboard and enjoyed going several times. I was sad I couldn't go, but maybe next year :-)
I loved EATING- haha!! We had Spaghetti Factory TWICE and Brick Oven (Yum...I am already craving their cream of broccoli soup again!!!!).
Twice we went sledding. Mckenna thought it was FABULOUS! She would sit on the sled and say "wee, wee, wee" the whole way down! She also loved eating the snow. It was so fun to watch her enjoy it so much.
After Utah we made the long trek to Arizona. We saw lots of family and Kenna got to play with lots of cousins. We enjoyed the beautiful weather by going to the zoo. Mckenna and Anndi (my sister's 2 year old) loved playing together. It was cute to see them enjoy each other- finally!
When we visit our families there are always several restaurants on our MUST HAVE list. In AZ we enjoyed Elmer's, Serrano's, and El Sol. YUmmmmy! (I am SO pregnant...haha!)
Our last leg of the journey was LONG. We left Arizona several hours later than we had planned, I had a headache and Jeff was TIRED. We made it to Las Cruces at 4am and were able to sleep in a hotel for a few hours. We left Las Cruces around 12pm MST and arrived home (WOOHOO!) at 10pm CST. It was so nice to sleep in our own beds! (also the italics won't turn off...annoying!)
Now...get ready for lots of pictures!!! :-) Most of them are from our Utah portion of the trip too..sorry!
Our family sledding picture! This was taken with Jeff's phone, so sorry it isn't the greatest!!!I know I should post a belly pick- I feel huge :-) but I haven't really felt up to taking one, haha! But I promise one soon!!!
6 comments:
It was a ton of fun! Mckenna kind of thinks life is boring now though, no cousins, grandparents, aunts or uncles or even dogs are at our house. I like to ask her where is Rowdy and she looks outside then she remembers he's gone.
We only wish we could have found a way to make it up to Minnesota as well (well except for the cold part - although it was 18 degrees here in San Antonio last night!).
Yea! Glad we both made it back from our long vacations! The pics are so cute. It sounds like Mckenna has really grown up. Let's get together soon. I'm due for an update on your life!
What a fun busy trip! Those pictures of the temple are so pretty. Well really...all of them are! Glad you had fun.
Looks like you guys had fun. Mckenna's pig-tails are so cute on her! Happy New Year!
What a fun vacation. That is nice you could break the driving up so much. McKenna is so cute!
Looks like it was a fun and hectic trip, Mckenna is getting SO big! It's crazy how fast time flies. Love her in her winter clothes and the pig tails are adorable! And yes we definitely need to see some belly shots about now...
Post a Comment