Quick update on Mckenna...
She had her VCUG re-done today (the one she had to do about 6 months ago that found her urinary reflux). The good news is that her left side doesn't have the reflux anymore. Which means her ureter on the left side closes when she urinates now- YAY! The right side has stayed about the same, but at least it hasn't gotten worse!!! Yippy! We were so glad to have some good news today. Although, I had to go out of the room during the x-ray (b/c of being pregnant) and almost cried. I could hear Mckenna screaming through the door and felt so sad! Jeff said she did great despite all the crying.
Afterward, we took her to the Humane Society to play with the doggies and kitties. She loved running around the puppy room looking at all of them! She misses Rowdy!! Someday we will have another doggy for her and maybe a kitty :-) haha!!!
ANYWAY...
This week I have been thinking a lot about having baby number two. Double strollers, bottles, sleeping, potty training Kenna, etc., etc., etc.
I have found several double strollers that I LOVE, but of course none of them are below $600- ha! I will have to keep looking at others, but until then I need some suggestions. Which ones have you guys tried or do you like????
Next, bottles. I wasn't able to nurse with Mckenna and don't know if I necessarily want to with baby #2 (I enjoy the freedom a lot...don't think I could have some one NEEDING me soooo much!!!) With Kenna we used the Avent bottles. She never had problems with gas or ear infections or anything that gets associated with bottles, but they LEAKED! Mckenna was always covered in milk, ugh! I need some suggestions. I was looking at the Playtex Vent-Air ones, but I don't know much about them. So again any suggestion is welcomed!!!!
THANKS!!!
6 comments:
Glad she is doing better!
Um...They aren't perfect but we have a babytrend sit and stand and I like it. It is works great for us because the second seat is for older kids and it folds up smaller than most double strollers. I know you can get them with two canopied and backed seats but I don't know if they are bigger. I nursed both my babies for most of their first year or longer, so the only bottle I know is the playtex nurser with the disposable liners. We switched Reid to those at 11 months and he did great with it. Leaking wasn't an issue but he was older so I don't know if that makes a difference.
Good luck!
We use the Dr. Brown bottles with Miles and he does really well with them. The only trouble is they are pretty expensive for one bottle is like $5.00 and for two/three bottles its $13.00.
I did a lot of shopping around for double strollers. I know lots of people who love their BOBS, but I just didn't want something that big. I ended up with a Maclaren twin triumph and I LOVE it. It's smaller, and really light. I oredered it on daipers.com cuz they had a good price plus free shipping. Good luck with all of that!!
I MISS YOU!!!!!
After many many many long months we finally have the internet again. Now we can stay in better contact with eachother.
I wish it would have worked out so that we could have seen eachother during Christmas! I am glad you guys had a good trip though. I miss all of those delicious AZ resurants too :)
I am so happy to hear that Mckenna is doing better! YAY!
Can't help you out on your mommy quest, but goodluck!
So glad she is doing better!
As for strollers, I love my Maclaren twin triumph. it is small and light(for a double stroller) and it fits through a standard door way which is a must when you go out shopping or to a store that doesn't have automatic sliding doors. Also I think I paid less than $300 for mine which is pretty affordable(in my opinion).
As for bottles. I used the playtex vent-air and I really liked them. They were a good bottle BUT they did occasionally leak if we didn't screw the bottom on tight enough. Otherwise, no complaints about them. they worked great.
I still can't believe you are going to have another baby! That's just so exciting!!!
We used "PODEE" bottles with Logan- greatest bottle we've found! It's a hands-free bottle. Has a straw-like tube leading from the top of the bottle, about 5-10 inches long, then the nipple is attatched at the top. You can set your baby on you lap or in a seat and rest the bottle on their lap, and the tube/straw extends to their mouth without you holding it. You can find them at Babies-r-us. They're really great!
Post a Comment