Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Let's Play THE NAME GAME...

Wordle: Baby Boy Names

8 weeks....do you know how short 8 weeks is???? AHhh, I am having minor "freak-outs" almost daily now. What was I thinking when we decided to have another child, haha??? I am so not ready for this. One of the BIGGEST sources of anxiety... PICKING OUT A NAME! I know that shouldn't be so stressful, but I don't feel super connected to any name. With Mckenna we had a list of about 3 that we both loved and a list of about 30 that were great options. This poor little guy has a list of like 10...that's it...not even a small list of ones we both love. Sad, huh? The picture above is of the names we "like". ANY SUGGESTIONS? I think I just need to hear some more names. So, if any of you have a great name PASS IT ALONG :-)

Otherwise, I feel decently prepared! We have some clothes, bottles (and new nipples- I decided to stay with the Avent bottles because we already own them and had good luck with them...in general...and I read online about how to make them stop leaking- YAY!) a bassinet, etc. etc. But, the poor BOY will be wrapped in pink receiving blankets :-) We are working on getting some boy themed blankets, haha!

Then there is Mckenna....The past couple of weeks she has found a new play spot. She LOVES this basket! I wasn't going to keep it in this spot until I saw how much she loves to play with it. Now it has a permanent home!
As soon as we pull out the camera Mckenna runs up, gets her face right in front of the camera and then puts on the cheesiest smiles. This is a great example!
Mckenna LOVES, loves, LOVES to help around the house. She helps bring the groceries in (one item at a time), helps me sweep/mop the floor, and unloads the dishes (usually the ones we want to be loaded...) This morning Jeff was making the bed. I walked into the bedroom and found Mckenna very unsuccessfully helping Jeff :-) He said "What is the opposite of helpful?" We agreed "MCKENNA!!!!" But we love all of her helping! It just makes for some interesting times. The other day I was pulling spaghetti sauce out of the freezer. She wanted to carry the "coolllld" into the kitchen for me. I told her to put it on the table. Good thing I HAPPENED to see where she put it or else I would have never found it come dinner time!!!
She put it in our cupboard with the tupperware!!! This cupboard is deemed "Kenna's cupboard" because nothing is breakable, but she sure destroys it (as seen above!!!) The cute thing about this is that usually she helps put the clean tupperware away in the cupboard and the spaghetti sauce was in a tupperware! SO CUTE!!! She is so easy to love!

She is also on a "Barney" kick right now. She will hand us the remote and say "Show" or "Barney". It is funny. She doesn't get to watch very much TV (nor does she stay entertained for very long by it), but she sure loves to ask for it! PS... she just called Barney on my cellphone! Haha!!!

She also found the butterflies in her room (on her rug and wall). She will run into her room and scream "Fliesssss!" and point them all out. She enjoys "ca-R-ring" (interpretted as "coloring"), as well. Any time she see a writing utensil she says "CA-R-RING!!!!!" and begs to color! It is pretty cute! Although, she isn't very good at just coloring on paper :-( We are working on that!!!

Jeff and I are doing well. Jeff is just chugging away with school and preparing to take the GMAT in a few weekends. I am nervous for him, but he will do AWESOME!!!

I am still busy with life. My calling definitely keeps me busy. I also have a list of "must do" projects before the baby comes. Some of the largest ones include GETTING OUR HOUSE READY TO SELL AGAIN!!!! We have to paint Mckenna's bright green room and a couple other projects. Shouldn't be too much work, but definitely will be time consuming :-)

Here's to 8 more weeks.......... I CAN DO IT :-)

13 comments:

Harmony’s House said...

Hi Cara-- Greg and I have had names picked out for about 4 years now, but have failed to bring a pregnancy to term. If you like any of our names, feel free to take them! At this rate, I will never have children. So here's our lists! Boys: Grayson, Jayce (like short for Jason), Wesley, and Garret. Girls: Rayne, Risa, Eden, and Kyra.

Tim and Jennifer said...

Ooo I love so many of the names you have posted, but Tim doesn't agree with me on half of them. You know how it goes, "He's weird at my school... That kid was annoying growing up..." haha. I like Parker, Andrew and Madden.

Brianne said...

I like the names you had posted. I think my favorites were Parker, Porter, and Travis. Good luck with narrowing it down. I think girl names are easier to choose too!

amber {and co.} said...

Whoo hoo, 8 weeks will fly by! (although I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing, haha!) So I know you already know my opinion on names, but for the record I love Judson, Parker, Lincoln and Grady Ü I'm sure once you see him one of the names will "fit" like it did with Mckenna! I can't believe how fast she's growing up and we love that we're around to see it, we love her! Ü

Kelsey said...

I can't imagine having a kid in 7 months let alone 8 weeks! The names I like are Tate, Grady, and Parker although there are many good ones on that list so good luck choosing. Love all the little things that Mckenna is doing, they have such fun personalities even though they are still so young! Does she understand you have a baby in you? Are you going to take her out of the crib for the baby to use? Just wondering how you go from 1 to 2 ;)

Krista said...

Oooh I have to admit I am a little bias towards the name Parker. It still love it. I think Porter is super cute too though. Oooh good luck though. I do not like naming kids at all. It's too hard!!!

The Fiores said...

I like Jack. It has a good ring, he could be Jack Jeffrey Jones or something lol more- j's! I like Brady too!

Cara Jones said...

Oh...lots of good names and suggestions!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I am feeling better today :-)

Josh and Tiff said...

Wow, the time has gone by fast. We are using the name Porter for this one. I love it! I guess great minds think alike right? You have a lot of cute name ideas. The pictures of McKenna are super cute. She has got such pretty eyes. Good luck on the last stretch.

Brenden+Nikki said...

Parker was on our short list too when we were deciding on a name for Collin. I liked Jack too. It looks like Parker is the fav though! ;)

Brittany said...

8 weeks are you serious??? That's crazy!

I love Jack. I want to use it but Eric is against me, so I am rooting for you to use it. I think Madden is cool too. Those are my favorites, but you all have a bunch of great names up there. I think boy names are so much harder.

Side note: I saw on Cody and Amber's blog a video of Kenna playing the drums. (Adorable BTW) She was wearing yet another matching outfit of Hallie's. How many is this now??? You have great taste my friend :)

Caitlin said...

i like grady! i think it's cute and different.

i was laughing at the name tate, not because it's a funny name but because if we have a boy, we're naming him nate steven (steven's name is steven nate) so i thought it would be funny if we both had ma(mc)kennas and tate and nate!

Brittny Kimball said...

My vote is for Spencer, but really all those names are great. I am so excited for you to have a little boy, they are great. Hang in there!