-Did the dishes. Mckenna helped...
In other news... I forgot to mention Mckenna's new pets in my last post! She is now a proud owner of a..............
A couple funny/gross fish tank stories--- Mckenna heard me tell Jeff something about the algae-eater. A couple of days later we were in the car talking about the fish and Mckenna randomly said "Algae fish funny". I guess she really does listen when we talk :-)
Last night Jeff was helping her feed the fish. I was in the kitchen, but wasn't really paying attention. Jeff turned his back to put the fish food away and the next thing I hear is the following conversation
Jeff: "Did you just eat the fishies' food?"
Mckenna: "Uhmm"
Jeff: "Mckenna did you REALLY eat the fishies' food???"
Mckenna: nods her head
Me: Hiding my face from Mckenna, laughing hysterically because my child just ate STINKY fish flakes!!!!
Jeff: "Mckenna fish food is for fish, not for Mckenna. Fish food is YUCKY!"
Mckenna: "Yucky!"
UGHHH! She ate fish food! If you haven't smelled fish food before then you are not missing much, it STINKS!!! I still can not believe that she actually ate it! What a silly girl!
-----
Oh yeah, we also had a great break through with her today. We were telling her that next week we are going to bring a baby brother home to our house. She was just listened. About 10 minutes later Jeff and I were talking about something else and all of a sudden we can hear Mckenna just jabbering to herself. We started to listen and realized that she was talking about "baby brother" and his "binky". We still aren't sure that she understands anything at all about having a sibling, but for now talking about a baby and a binky are great!
7 comments:
What a great helper! Haha. So funny. It's going to be so fun to see her with a baby brother! I'm so excited for all of you!!
WHat an adorable girl! Those pictures were so good too Cara! I can't believe she ate fish food. Ha ha.
She is adorable Cara!
What a cutie! I love that little helper stage. They really do have the best intentions! ;) good luck next week!
Haha, I can TOTALLY picture her nodding her head about eating fish food- soooo funny! She's adorable! She's going to be such a good little helper when baby boy comes, so sweet Ü
she's too cute! it's so fun to watch them learn and grow up! good luck next week. you'll have to post pictures as soon as your new little guy arrives!
What a cute kid Mckenna is!!! I can't believe she ate fish food; that is so disgusting! The other day, Hallie ate a big chunk of baking soda and didn't even make a face, but if I give her a strawberry, she acts like it is the most disgusting thing on earth. What is with kids and their taste buds???
Are you serious that it is only one more week until the baby is born. That is insane!!! I'm sure it hasn't for you, but it flew by for me. Good luck this time around, lil mama! I will be praying for a safe, quick, easy, delivery and a beautiful, healthy, baby boy. xoxo!
Post a Comment