Yesterday started out normal...wake up, feed Mckenna, feed myself...BUT we had something exciting to do! We were meeting Jenni and Mason in the Six Flags parking lot for some Rodeo event (a BBQ cook-off). So, we got ready, put Mckenna down for a good nap, and then headed out. We left a tiny bit late (we wanted to leave by 12:30pm and we left our house just before 12:40pm) no big deal, right? WRONG our normal 15 minute drive to Six Flags took us almost an HOUR!!! The traffic was awful (I will complain about the stop lights on the 1604 another time)!!!!! We finally get there and some grouchy cop tells us we can't park at Six Flags. So, we have to park at UTSA and then take a shuttle over to the event. No big deal, except that we have like a ginormous stroller and a baby! Not so easy on a shuttle bus! We head over to UTSA, don't find the shuttle, and then turn around to go see if they will let us park at Six Flags again (because Jenni said tons of people were leaving....) The cop stops us before turning into the parking lot and tells us the same thing again! Jeff proceeds to get in a little argument with the grouchy old cop about letting us go into the parking lot and drop Mckenna (and I) off. Jeff asked what would happen if he were to turn into the parking lot anyway and the cop said "I will tow your car and arrest you".... haha.... So we turn back around- all mad- and drive to UTSA again. Finally we found the shuttle bus, but there was about a 45 minute line to get onto the bus! What a joke! There was no way we were doing that, so we left (and we still feel so bad that we left Jenni and Mason). Who knew it could be so busy? And lesson learned- on Saturday we need to find a new route to Six Flags!
So SORRY Konkle's! We will make it up to you- I promise! What a day...
9 comments:
BUMMER! Sorry that didn't work out, sounds like it would have been lots of fun! Although I would have paid to see Jeff get in a fight with the cop :) I'm sure somehow the Konkles will forgive you!
I agree with Amber, that is a bummer! Shuttles with strollers are not so fun, we had to do that when we went to Zoolights, we had to pull out everything then get her situated again! Hopefully you find a back route that will get you there quickly and Jeff wont have to fight with the police!
I am so sorry that was a hassle. That cop sounded like he must been having a bad day or something. That was silly.
jeff almost got arrested? i can't imagine! sorry your plans didn't work out. did you guys get to do something fun anyway?
What a mess! And don't worry, we weren't upset at all...there was tons of traffic as we were leaving it was crazy! who knew a BBQ would be so popular?
Yikes that sounds like a nightmare! I hate when things like that happen. It puts me in the worst mood.
okay, I would have been super grumpy. What a bummer of a day. But look at the bright side, it makes for a great story :) it would have been more interesting to have ended up in an arrest, but I'm so glad it didn't. Have you seen that TV show Jail? I totally could not picture Jeff in a place like that!
Tim hates waiting at lights and traffic. He would have totally turned around and left just at the sight of it!
To clarify, I was no where close to be arrested nor was I antagonizing the cop. He had just been delivering the same message to vehicle after vehicle and was tired of it, I'm sure. It still wasn't fun though.
Post a Comment