Friday, June 19, 2009

Update...

I talked to the doctors office today AND Mckenna officially has a UTI! She will also have to have those other test done :-( Which means at least one more catheter. We hope she doesn't have reflux, but are glad that her doctors are checking (just in case...)

In other news--- We are just enjoying life. Our garden is in full swing. I canned tons of tomatoes the other day (like 10 pints) and have made homemade salsa a couple of times, YUMMY! Next Wednesday we get to go to WICKED and I am SO excited. My cousin is also coming over from Houston next week AND then the next week is our Jones "Family Fiesta" in Denver (YAY!). We love staying busy :-). We have been LOVING our summer! Mckenna is CRAZY about swimming and water in general. We have been swimming at home, at Aunt Jana's, in the lake and of course at Sea World! If anyone ever wants to join us LET US KNOW!!! Also, Mckenna turns one in like 2 1/2 weeks! Crazy, huh???? We are excited to celebrate her first birthday, but I am most excited to see her eat her cake and to play with her new toys with her :-)!! Speaking of birthdays, does anyone have cute first birthday party ideas? I am not going "all out", but would love to have a cute party idea! LET ME KNOW!!! Well, that is it for now!!!

Oh yeah, the picture above is one I took last summer (right before we had Mckenna) when the Jones family (minus Grandma and Grandpa Jones) were here in San Antonio. This was MOST of the cousins (we are missing 3 that were there) and since then we have added THREE more cousins- with another GIRL on the way (Congrats, Donny and Carole!)!! What a big, fun family!!!

4 comments:

Jared and Delia said...

What fun festivities this summer!
You are such a domestic talent. Those tomatoes sound delish!

I can't believe Mckenna is almost a year old! I have just read about some cute first birthday ideas:

A ball party - all things surrounding balls and dots. Dots on the cake, the hats, plenty of balls to play with (those ball pit balls are fun), and gumballs or other ball shaped snacks.

An "ice cream" party. Have a sundae bar for guests and make the cake ice cream themed. You can make a balloon bouquet shaped like an ice cream cone. Bunch together 5-6 white balloons and one red one in the middle, then make a "cone" out of brown poster board to wrap around the strings at the bottom. Knot the strings below the cone.

Since Mckenna likes stuffed animals so much you could pick her favorite one...say a puppy and have that as the theme. Make the cake dog bone shaped, make chex mix "puppy chow"...

have fun!

Carole said...

Hope Mckenna gets feeling better soon! What is so sad about this picture is that all of these kiddos are twice the size they were last summer. See you soon!

amber {and co.} said...

You guys always have so much fun stuff going on, it's great!! We're so sad that Mckenna is going through so much yucky stuff with the UTI, but SO excited for her first birthday!! I'll try to brainstorm some themes, but I'm sure whatever you do it will be perfect and she'll love it!! :)

Kelsey said...

You guys do stay pretty busy and do lots of trips, how fun!! Especially when you're able to see family and go see WICKED! Can't wait to see pictures of everything...And her party will be a smash, if you do it like you do everything else (gardening, photography, decorating, etc). you are one talented lady Cara! Hopefully Mckenna only has this UTI and can be fixed quickly!