Tuesday, April 13, 2010

...It ONE full week! Woof.... One full week!

In general, baby #2 has been much easier! Labor was less the half of the time it was with Mckenna. The epidural was HEAVENLY and NO episiotomy (woohoo!!) Andrew's bilibrubin levels in the hospital were low, so he gets to eat like a "normal" infant (no waking him up every two hours to eat). The nurses were awesome in the hospital and I got to sleep!!!! Andrew sleep, eats and poops. He nurses and takes a bottle like as champ! He sleeps in 4 hour stretches at night. We got to have Grandma Gall come for several terrific days, which was the BIGGEST help!

BUT........ Toddler #1 has had a hard time. Poor girl! We brought Andrew home and that same night Mckenna started running a fever. She just had a virus, luckily, but she was pretty miserable. The next day the "adjusting" began. She was up until 3am, threw TONS of tantrums, and cried and cried and cried. It was so sad for her. Who knew the hormones would be harder to deal with in regards to the toddler than to the baby???

Mckenna at like 2am in Andrew's swing.


I am happy to report today that Mckenna is getting better and better every day. She is adjusting to life with a sibling. We have made some special trips just for her- to the zoo and park at La Cantera. Tomorrow Grandma Jones comes. Yay! I am ready for another few days of help before "real life" begins!

Thanks to everyone who has helped us out of the last week. We have really appreciated your help!

Now for lots of pictures!

Thanks Holmes' family for decorating our house! On our walk today tons of people congratulated us on the new baby :-) So fun!
First Family Picture
Andrew's first bath with lots of Kenna help!
Grandma and Mckenna in the butterfly exhibit at the zoo. This place was awesome. Mckenna LOOOOOVED it! She was so sad to leave, but I couldn't handle another second in the humid place!
Raggedy-"Akenna" (that's how she pronounces her name) feeding brother for the first time.
Cute Andrew taking a snooze!


--Side Note--- WHY am I up so late? :-) haha! The "Mommy Time" craving has set in!! Good thing Mckenna gets to get play with cousin Jax tomorrow!!!!!

9 comments:

Tim and Jennifer said...

Yea! We are so happy for you. I can't wait to come see him. I called yesterday. I want all the details!! You look great. So jealous.

Brittany said...

I can understand where little Kenna is coming from. He is totally invading her territory. I am glad that she is doing better, though. He is so precious. You have got to stop posting these adorable pics of him and your cute family... I might be getting baby hungry and your not helping :)

Jenni said...

Cara he is the sweetest little guy ever. I just want to hold him again! I'm glad Mckenna is doing better...hopefully no more all-night adventures with her!

Jeffrey Jones said...

Cara, wow, sleep deprivation has taken its toll on your typing/grammar!

Delia said...

Oh poor girl. I am glad she is feeling better. You guys look like you are doing great!

Annie said...

Congrats you guys! He looks just Heavenly, and I'm am so glad everything went well for you. McKenna is such a cute big sister!

Unknown said...

I am sooo Happy for you guys and can't wait to see updated pics of the two of them. I love you guys :)

Butler Fam said...

Aww ... he is just such a cutie! Looks like you're doing good. Hopefully McKenna has gotten even better. :) Can't wait to see ya sometime soon ... we need a girls night! :)

Kelsey said...

Time for an update ;) I wanna see more pictures of Andrew!! He's so precious!