Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Little Confused

One of my favorite children's books is "Are You My Mother?" A confused little bird goes all around asking different animals if they are his mother. Well, today Mckenna was a confused little "bird"......

Is Mommy my mother? OR is Rowdy my mother?.....

Today, she chose Rowdy OR should I say she chose his bone (YUCK, YUCK, YUCK..I had to snap a couple of pictures, but afterward she was told no several times when going after his toys...ewww) Of course, Rowdy doesn't want to share with Mckenna. This is how the scene played out.

Mckenna and Rowdy fight over the bone

Rowdy wins

Mckenna crawls to the bone

Mckenna grabs for the bone

Rowdy runs for it


The rest of the night she continued to grab at all of Rowdy's toys. She also eats every little thing off of the ground! We are usually pretty good about vacuuming, but I guess we will have to vacuum every day. I think she has had her fair share of grass and paper!! What a cute, cute girl! I love being Mckenna's mommy!

9 comments:

Jeffrey Jones said...

Growing up my family always played a game called "Doggy, Doggy, where's your bone?" It's a very simple fun game for little kids where someone hides the "dog bone" behind them and everyone else pretends they have it too. The "doggy" then has to guess who has it. Apparently one of Mckenna's cousins told her about the game, but I don't think she quite understood! Yuck!

Although I'm glad Cara took a second to take a picture even though it is so gross.

Kelsey said...

Yes, Cara gets a gold star for capturing this funny and yucky momment!! It's some cute and funny pictures and I am sure she will love that you saved these :) Look out Rowdy, you have some competition!

amber {and co.} said...

Hahaha! This is so funny, I'm so glad you had your camera handy! She is such a funny little girl, no wonder you love being her mommy! I loved reading "Are You My Mother" growing up, the comparison is great :)

Jared and Delia said...

What a cute little girl!

Caitlin said...

Ew! That's gross...but still really cute! I can't believe how big all of our kids are getting!

Saundra and Hoby said...

LOL how funny! These photos are priceless. Rowdy's world will never be the same.

Love,

Mom

Courtney said...

What a good mover! She is getting so big and cuter every day!
Hey I was wondering if you could email a few addresses for announcements? I need Jana and Chad's, Tiffany and John's, Ryan and Sheralee's and Murray and Melissa's. We asked Aunt Sheri to send them to us, but she hasn't gotten back to us and we need to send everyone an announcement!! I put yours in the mail today, so you should be getting it pretty soon! Yay! Anyway, just let me know if you have them. If you don't that's fine too! Glad we're family! My email is sunshine5887[at]yahoo[dot]com

Jeffrey Jones said...

Dude, when are you ever going to blog something? You have trillions of photos to blog!

Caitlin said...

I agree with Jeff! I'm dying to see pictures of your trip to AZ! When are you gonna blog??