Monday, May 16, 2011

Funny Story and Some Fun Projects!

Since I am on a blogging roll I decided I needed to get this story "written" down before we forget :-)


A week ago Andrew got a really bad blister/diaper rash on his bum. You know, if you have had kids, that diaper rashes can be a big deal. You have to remember the cream every time you change them AND you have to change them more often AND as parents you talk about it (you know...something like "How is his rash today?" you get the idea). SO, I think Mckenna felt a little left out. She kept asking if she had diaper rash, BUT she doesn't wear diapers anymore (well that isn't completely true, she does wear them while she sleeps, but never long enough to get diaper rash).

So the other night Jeff and I were cleaning up dinner and she ran into the bathroom. She came out with no panties on and said "Mommy, I have PANTY RASH!!!!!!!"

HAHAHAhahahahHAhahahahaHaaa.........

We lost it. It was hilarious! She was pretty convinced that she had a rash on her bottom from her panties. What a silly girl!



On to the fun projects :-)


Cute stuffed owl I made for one of the kids little friend's 1st birthday. It is so snuggly. Mckenna keeps asking me to make her one!

Alpha Bags! I made these for my nephew. They are 31 bean bags with letters on them (26 with the capital and lower case letter on different sides and then 5 more with common lower case letters) It is all in a fun bag that matches- see below- and it has a little spelling game with the it. It is made to grow with your kids from learning letters all the way through basic spelling. My kids LOVE beans bags!!!




Baby shower gift for a friend who doesn't know if baby is a boy or girl. I can't wait for a few more weeks to find out :-) (burp clothes, boppy cover, and wet bag)


Another boppy cover for Jeff's cousin who just had a little boy. I LOVE this one! I think when we have another little one that I will make a boppy cover with the cute applique trees!


And finally, I know this picture is terrible (it was taken with my phone, inside, while I was packing to move to AZ) but I made this FHE board for my sister-in-law as a thank you for helping us SO much during our final weeks before moving to AZ. SHE IS THE BEST!! She had been wanting an FHE board for awhile, and it was my first big project with vinyl and my cricut!

Anyway, I have been making lots and lots lately. I love doing it. I wish there was a great way to sell it. Maybe someday I will be brave enough to try selling homemade things again :-) (You know the whole "fear of rejection" stuff totally gets me, haha, I thought that was just a teenager thing!) Until then my family and friends will just keep getting homemade stuff because I LOVE it and that's how I get my crafty FIX :-)


7 comments:

Hannah said...

CARA I MISS YOU! You're the best. xo

Alyse said...

Cara your stuff is SO cute! And just an FYI I would totally buy these things if you sold them. I wish I was more crafty, but I'm just not - at least not at this point in my life. I am super excited to be starting our family so I have a reason to get into all this fun stuff! But anyways, just wanted you to know you're super talanted and I love it all Ü

Mallory said...

Alex loves her pillow!! You are so talented!! Loved all your crafts! Great job!

Brittany said...

That story about Kenna is priceless :) And you are so beyond talented Cara!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe you handmade all that stuff.

Just Be You said...

Panty rash what a great story and one you will never want to forget. I laughed so hard when I read this story. Kids are simply the greatest and keep us smiling .
Cara I know you are super talented but when I see your completed projects I am simply in awe. You are not just talented you are over the top AMAZING! Wow girl you have to sell these things. You take homemade to a completely new level.

Glemser Family said...

I LOVE my boppy cover! Thanks Cara! The nurses in the hospital thought it was so cute. We'll have to get together soon!

Emily P. said...

you are so talented! It would take me a long time to make anything turn out that good :)