Friday, May 13, 2011

Andrew Turns One

and we celebrated with a "Puppy Party".

When Andrew was about 6 months old, Mckenna and I were talking about birthday parties. When I asked her what kind of birthday party Andrew should have she said "A Puppy Party!!!", so the theme stuck!

His Cake
it was chocolate cake covered in chocolate cereal to look like puppy chow


The Favors
Puppy Chow in a bag



Eating his cake! I made him his own little dog bowl of puppy chow with yellow cake.
He loved it!

We are so happy to have our little Drew boy in our family. He is such a goof ball. He can say a few words now (Mom, Dad, a word for Mckenna, tweet tweet, ball, cheeeeeese- like to take a picture, ha- and there are probably a few more, but those are the only ones I could think of right now). He just started taking a few steps here or there. He definitely isn't a walker yet, but he is on his way. He LOVES to eat! When he gets put in his booster at meal time he "flaps" his arms and screams until food is on his tray. He knows just what he wants. He absolutely LOVES strawberries and bananas and anything with LOADS of carbohydrates (such as bread, pancakes, etc etc). He is a little lactose intolerant. He has been on sensitive formula for a long time and when I moved him to whole milk we had a MISERABLE week. He was fussy ALL the time. I wanted to die. I wasn't sure where my pleasant little baby had gone. Then we figured it out because he started spitting up a lot after string cheese or another dairy snack. So, we have switched to lactose free milk and voila! he is happy again! Yay for expensive milk :-) Andrew LOVES his Daddy. His face lights up whenever Jeff gets home from work/school. He has learned how to crawl up and down the stairs- woohoo no more baby gates! Andrew is super cheesy sometimes. When he wants your attention he will stare and you with these cute little eyes and a HUGE grin. He knows his way into his mamma's heart!

ANDREWS OTHER LOVES:
Playing with toys
Playing outside with Mckenna
Eating rocks and dirt
Crawling away from mommy and hiding from her


And some other fun first birthday pictures!







Eating his birthday breakfast (donuts) and opening his presents from mom and dad!

1 comment:

Tim and Jennifer said...

He looks so much older! And that round face reminds me of Nolan. I'm sure they'll be buds :).