Friday, May 13, 2011

One Quarter of a Century!

Kinda scary picture, but oh well!

I turned 25! It was such a fantastic day! Jeff let me sleep in until he HAD to go (he got the kids dressed and even did Mckenna's hair). Then that morning my mother in law kept the kids while I got to go shopping BY MYSELF! It has been awhile since I just walked around the mall with no one else. It was kind of refreshing! After I got home, Jeff had a surprise lunch (NYPD Pizza- one of my FAVORITE places) delivered. It was DELISH! While the kids were asleep I just did nothing- fantastic. I am sure I played around on the internet and wasted time, but I also laid down and had a little nap. That evening my mother in law made one of my favorite homemade meals and a YUMMMY chocolate cake! After dinnner we got to leave the kids with my in-laws and Jeff and I headed out on a date. It was a big surprise, but we went to a Diamondbacks game. It was so fun! Fun fact: 9 years ago on my birthday was my FIRST date to a Diamondbacks game. Of course, that night, I completely "forgot" about healthy eating and order nachos- I LOVE baseball game nachos...yum! And THEN after the game (which the Diamondbacks won) we went to cheesecake factory and got some yummy appetizers and diet coke :-)

I ate WAY too much, but it was SUCH a fun birthday! My husband is the best (and the rest of my family, too)

OH YEAH...my gifts.... all I wanted for my Bday and Mothers Day (which are WAY too close together, in my opinion) was a weekend away with just Jeff and I- no kids! I want to sleep in and read and swim and do anything I want without having to worry about kiddos, just for a day or two. SO, we get to go next weekend to a fun resort in Scottsdale. I am beyond excited. Saturday-Monday with no kiddos. What am I going to do with myself? I will miss the munchkins, but this will be FABULOUS!!! Thanks Mom and Dad Jones for keeping the kids for us :-)!!!!! I got some fun extra surprises from Jeff too. A new pair of sandals, a few house decorations and for Mother's Day a PEDICURE while we are on our "weekend away". YAY! SUPER excited. Next weekend can't come soon enough :-)

2 comments:

Tim and Jennifer said...

Wow that sounds like a great birthday! Maybe I'll have Tim read this so he can get some fabulous ideas for my next one.

A weekend kid-less? Wow! Enjoy!!

Just Be You said...

What a wonderful birthday ! Husband's are simply the best , they always pull through.
I am glad your birthday turned out so GREAT!