Monday, March 24, 2008

2008 Boat Trip #1

Freezing in the boat together!
Tyler, Jaci, Cara, Jeff, Ashley

On Saturday we went to the lake early in the morning with Jana, Chad, and their kids. When we got to the lake around 9:00am it was 53 degrees outside and the water was 62 degrees. It was freezing!!!! The kids started saying "I am not going in the water". I couldn't believe that any of them would even consider going in the water. Chad was the first one in, of course with a wet suit on. As it started getting warmer Jeff and the kiddos started getting more courage to go into the water. When Jeff finally decided that he would go, he jumped into the water and then the next thing we all heard was a very girly scream. It was so cold and he didn't even have a wetsuit on. I got some good pictures of Jeff's water adventure.

It was such a fun time on the boat. We are so grateful that we live close to the Holmes family. They do so many wonderful things for us! Jana and Chad if you are reading this THANK YOU!!!




After the girly scream


Getting up the first time. Check out the cold face!




I can't believe he got in the water



Landing a jump... woohoo





Jeff on the kneeboard- it looks so cold!!!




Jeff- after wakeboarding and knee boarding


5 comments:

amber {and co.} said...

yay for boating!!! You guys should make a trip out to Utah and we can do it up here too, its always more fun when friends come! And I"m glad you had a good excuse not to get in the freezing cold water :)

amber {and co.} said...

p.s... Jeff those are some HOT swim trunks!

Jenni said...

Brrr!! I don't like cold water. Jeff is crazy!

Bjarnson Family said...

I cant believe he got in that water. My family is planning on going next week and I am worried I am going to freeze. I probably wont even get in the water.

Caitlin said...

is that how you spell it? have you picked a middle name? right now it's kate but we might spell it different or change it to kristen. you can totally use it! when i was in school, i worked in a 1st grade class and that was a student's name. i fell in love with it and said i wanted to name my daughter that. where'd you come up with it?