This was supposed to be posted last Thursday, but I guess I saved it instead of posting- oops!!
Funny name I know, but it was the ending to Jeff's big paper that I blogged about in the beginning of March. So basically, as I understand, a moot court is just a fake court! I was lucky enough to be asked by Jeff and his partner to act as the "Bailiff" (or the official time keeper). I was very nervous at first because the whole process seemed SO official. Everyone was dressed in business attire and looked so professional. After asking Jeff about a million times to tell me exactly what to do AGAIN, I was ready to be the official time keeper. I got to time all four of the "lawyers" and try REALLY, REALLY hard to understand what each one was saying (I am proud to say that I understood about 37% of what was said!). I even got to peek at the judges score to see who "won" the entire event. It was such a fun thing for me to watch, but again it was re-affirmed to me why I did not choose law school!!! Jeff did amazing. I am very proud of him and all his hard work.
No comments:
Post a Comment