Thursday, June 26, 2008

Baby News!

Today I am 37 weeks pregnant (wahoo...almost done) and I got to go to the doctor today. He checked me and I am dialted to 1 cm and am 80% effaced- that was GREAT news!!!! Then, he told me that he would schedule me to be induced on July 8th!!!!!! YIPPPPPY! I am so excited because if she doesn't come before then atleast I have a date to look forward too! I am SO ready to be done and to meet her :-)! I will keep everyone informed if she comes before the 8th- so keep checking back!

This week we also have lots of family in town, which is always fun! All of Jeff's siblings are all making the trek to San Antonio. It will be a fun weekend having everyone together. We will be spending lots of time in the water (swimming and the lake), but I mostly look forward to getting to know them all a little better (especially Jeff's oldest brother, Donny, and his family- because I haven't had ANY time to get to know them since we've been married). I love family reunions!!!

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoy their summers!

9 comments:

amber {and co.} said...

Cara I AM SOOOOO EXCITED!!! yay for doctors who will induce early!!! She'll be here so soon and I can't wait to meet my future son in law! So excited to come out and play next week, it will be great! Love ya lady! :)

Bjarnson Family said...

Cara I am so excited for you. That is such great news. I cant wait to see pics of the new baby girl. Hope everything goes well and keep us posted.

Kim said...

You're soooo close!! how exciting.

Caitlin said...

how exciting! july 8...definitely a day to look forward to! and how fun to have all of jeff's family there! my mom wanted me to find out how uncle lynn is doing. when do they get home?

The Fiores said...

yay! So close! I feel like pregnancy is one giant count up (in weeks), now you get to count down the days!

Tim and Jennifer said...

It's so exciting to have a date that you know you won't be pregnant past. I can't wait to see pics of this little girl and then to hold her in person! (I have a feeling I'll be fighting Jenni to get to hold her though :) )

Kelsey said...

Okay so I know it doesn't matter what I say because you want that little girl to be in your arms but being induced sucked majorly!! But then again I was only dialated to a 1.5 and effaced at 70% and you still have a week or two so hopefully you will dialate more and baby girl will be ready to come...Brooklyn wasn't ready and man did I feel it. Anywho, I am way excited for you!! I can't wait to see pictures of her. Incase I don't tell ya before you go into labor, go luck with everything!!

Tim and Jennifer said...

have the baby already!! I keep on checking for the big news :) p.s. we're pretty close to getting a home. Finally!!

The Fiores said...

Everytime I check your blog I see baby news and think you had the baby haha! Hope all is going well with family in town!