It has been such a long time since I have done a new post! I haven't even been busy, just lazy (and most woman who have been pregnant will back me up on that one because the last part of being pregnant is EXHAUSTING). Jeff and I do errands and projects around the house all day and then at night time I sit down to possibly start typing a cute new post and I can't even think, let alone make my fingers type!!!! But, I thought I would finally do a post updating everyone.
Pregnancy update---
I am now 35 weeks pregnant- WOOOHOOOO!!! Only 1 week to go and they wouldn't stop labor if it started (which I am really hoping it will start early!). My Mom and Grandma both had early babies (around 37 weeks), so I am hoping that I will follow in their footsteps. The baby moves like crazy. She doesn't turn a lot, but she kicks my side non-stop. I am so excited to meet her and to name her!!!
Just Us update---
It has been absolutely wonderful having Jeff around more often. He finally got all of his grades back and he did great this last semester! We are done with one whole year of law school, that means we are 1/3 of the way done! I couldn't be more proud of him. He has worked so hard and it is amazing that he was able to start law school only a year and 1/2 after his mission! We have be able to do some great projects around the house since he has been done with school. Jeff fixed the backyard that the dog has destroyed, we finished decorating most of the house, and he even helped convince me to start "learning" how to play the piano through Jon Schmidt's teaching book. I have known a little about music and note reading from playing instruments as a kid, but through this learning method (which is amazing) I can site read the simplified hymns- REALLY slowly of course, but I can play them none the less! In young womens there is not a leader or a girl who can play the piano for us to sing opening hymns on Sundays. I decided it would be my goal to learn to play atleast a couple of hymns for us to sing on Sundays! I am slowly progressing and it has been REALLY fun for me to learn a new skill!
We have also been helping people move! When I say we I mostly mean Jeff, since I can't do much! Jana and Chad (Jeff's sister and bro-in-law) moved into their beautiful home at the end of May. They had a week of being "homeless" between closing on their old house and then closing on their new house, so we had the great privilege of having them stay with us for a while. It was a lot of fun to hang out with them so much. Then Jeff got to help with all of the moving that never seemed to go smoothly. I wasn't able to do much, but I was really good at running little errands, picking up food, and taking the kids to the swimming pool! Then after that move our really good friend Cody Phillip's moved to San Antonio. He is doing an internship here for the summer. It has been fun having a friend around and he is great company for Jeff!!!
I love summer time!!! Swimming, great new movies (if you haven't seen Ironman you should totally see it!!!), and WATERMELON!!!
Anyway, that is about all for us! We hope everyone is having a terrific summer and we will keep you posted on the baby! Hopefully there will be a fun post with pictures soon :-)
6 comments:
Boy Cara can I relate to how you feel. I had to be induced with all five of my kids and I think the doctors finally did it because they were worried about my mental health if I had to stay pregnant even one more week!! Don't wish that baby here too soon....not all babies are ready to go at 36 weeks. Jonathan completely failed his lung development test at 36 weeks and was so tiny when he was born at 37. Still is small for his age, but he is getting there! Can't wait to see you both in a few weeks!
I can't believe you're almost to your due date. It'll be here before you know it. I was overdue and still didn't have my bag packed! Tim had to hurry and pack it as I was on the bed in pain, which I later learned was labor! (I was a 5 when I got to the hospital!)
Cara sounds like you guys are doing great. I cant wait to see pics of your little one. And I cant believe you are almost done that is crazy.
so much going on, I don't know how you have the energy to keep up with it missy! I seriously pray every day that this baby will come sometime in June (both for your sake and so I can meet her when I come out there)... i know she wont let me down! :) And thanks for taking such great care of Cody, you guys are the BEST!!!
I feel ya on the lazy part, right now for me I don't feel like I have time! Its crazy, anyway keep me updated on the little sweet pea!!
I totally relate with you. I have about 3 weeks until I am 36 weeks and I cannot wait. The heat is making me miserable. Stacie (who jeff should know from school) just had her baby on Friday, so now I am even more ready for her to be here so she can meet her friend delainey! We are moving this weekend (so if you want to come to az and help, since you seem to be moving people a lot haha) so I told her yesterday she can come anytime after we move, yes I am so ready Im giving her directions in utereo!!
Post a Comment