Again, this weekend we have been babysitting Jana and Chad's kiddos! It has been so much fun. So much fun that we thought we would share some of our shining moments with all of you!
We taught our two nieces and nephew how to play croquet. As we were playing this afternoon Tyler started falling far behind and began complaining about all of the rules, etc.
He asked....
Tyler: "Who came up with this game?"
Jeff: "I think the British"
Tyler: "Man, the British came up with some lousy rules"
haha, what 8 year old says LOUSY :-)
Later, when asked to clean his room he begrudgingly walked to his room saying "I hate that we have to have order."
But, eventually he did do a great job of clean :-)
LASTLY-
Jaci (the first grader) and I had a conversation about showering...
Cara: "Jaci, when is the last time you showered?"
Jaci: "Last Saturday"
Cara: "Last Saturday? Why haven't you showered since then?"
Jaci: "Because I'm too busy!"
Cara: "Too busy?" (thinking to myself- you are only in 1st grade)
Ashley interjects "I shower every single night during my reading time"
Jaci: "I don't want to miss my reading time" (with a look of disdain- who would EVER want to miss their reading time?)
Aren't they GREAT? I love these kiddos SOOO much and am super glad we've had to chance to spend so much time with them!!!
3 comments:
I'm so jealous!!! I wish we had an Aunt and Uncle to play with!!! It sounds like a ton of fun!!!
sounds like you guys had a ton of fun this weekend! it's so funny to hear kids talk. my niece got mad at my brother once and stomped upstairs and yelled, "you can't punish me! i'm almost old enough to get a cell phone!" she was six at the time!
Haha. They sound like a hoot. How fun! Christopher came to stay with us for a week this summer it was fun. I sure hope her book didn't get wet during shower time.
Post a Comment