Read this article to find out why....If that link didn't work than copy and paste this address into your browser.
(http://www.ksat.com/foodnews/17539627/detail.html?rss=ant&psp=news)
Believe me it is worth you time!
Now that you have read this absurd article you can understand why I am in shock. WHO THINKS OF THESE THINGS? I am sorry if someone is like totally for PETA, I don't mean to offend you, BUT the idea of using human breast milk in other peoples food is absolutely disgusting! Personally, I would NEVER eat a product that was ever made with breast milk from another woman!! I don't think that animals should be treated inhumanly, but wouldn't using breast milk in products create the need for "woman farms"--- how degrading is that! Anyway, I will get off my little soap box now, but I am truly grossed out that any one would even think that breast milk would make good ice cream!! Ben and Jerry's is amazing JUST the way it is!!!!
10 comments:
Are you serious??? That is so nasty!!! I am disgusted right now. I don't know if I will even taste my own breat milk. It just seems like bodily fluid to me.. GROSS!!!!
sick. that is just sick.
I don't see what's wrong with it.
J/K of course!
Some babies are allergic to their OWN mother's milk! I don't think our health would benefit anymore at all from combining milk from millions of women and putting it in our ice cream! Dairy isn't fantastic for humans, that's true, but it certainly won't be improved for anyone except MAYBE babies by using human milk. And even then, it's questionable that it would be beneficial for babies considering we don't know the sources. Did you know that in day cares, if mothers send breast milk with their babies, the staff have to use rubber gloves to feed the bottle to the baby? It's "bodily fluid" or something like that. And can't HIV be transferred through breast milk? How many other diseases can be passed on in this way? I think that plan is just a bunch of crap. Luckily, a lot of people think that PETA folks are quacks and I doubt they'd consider this seriously. I think animals need to be treated more humanely, but this is not the approach to take. If they are worried about suffering cows, then they can stop eating cow products! Don't contaminate the rest of the world with breast milk. Duh.
okay i am a huge animal rights advocate, but PETA has taken this wayyyyy too far! I think you said it perfectly, what makes it okay to have a "farm" of nursing women versus a farm of cows being milked? (and it's good/healthy for the cows to be milked anyway!) yuckyuckyuckyuckyuck!
I agree its pretty gross. As long as cows are being milked humanely I see no problem using cows milk. Plus from experience pumping stinks big time and I would never want to make ice cream out of it. ewww. While I think PETA does do good by going where others wouldn't to show animal cruelty, some of their crew go overboard occasionally and say or do things like this.
Hey sista! Here comes a load of favors... Will you guys get your camera fixed already. Since I can't be with McKenna, I need pictures :) Can you give me Cassie's address? I tried to text her, but no response. And will you ask her if she will let us see her blog too? Our email is ehutch.az@gmail.com Thanks friend!
WOW. I love you and your soapbox Cara-- can I join you on it?
Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm going out of town soon too, but when we both come back we are getting together. No question about it!
Post a Comment