This week while I have been at home folding laundry, vacuuming, etc. I decided I would turn on the "Planet Earth" movies (given to us as a present from my wonderful ex-employers). I think I have watched like 6 episodes so far. They are quite enjoyable to watch (or listen to) and there are a ton of facts to learn. Like yesterday I learned that Panda bears can't hibernate because of their food source. Bamboo isn't rich enough in nutrients to give Pandas the stores they need to sleep all winter. So the Pandas are pretty lonely in the mountains of China when it is snowy outside! Also, they are like TERRIFIC mothers and it is so cute the see a Mommy Giant Panda with her baby. Anyway, that's a little off topic. So today I was checking my e-mail and chatting with Jeff- via IM, while he is in the library- and watching the "Shallow Seas" episode. They showed this group of Bottlenose dolphins swimming and catching fish. Right then I decided that I WANT TO BE A DOLPHIN. This dolphins were playing in the waves and being kind of silly and then the next minute they had to be incredibly strong and super smart to catch their prey! Dolphins are basically the coolest animal! I mean they swim like fish, but are mammals. They use sonar to track their way through water. They pretty much do some AWESOME things. Also, at SeaWorld the dolphin exhibit (where you get to FEED the dolphins) is my ABSOLUTE favorite!!!! You can actually touch the cute dolphins. I beg Jeff everytime we go to pay the $5 to feed them, and it is sooooo worth it! If you ever get to go to Sea World San Antonio you have to feed them.Anyway, if you ever get a chance to watch this show on the Discovery channel or on DVD they are so great. If you ever want to borrow them, you can!!! They are so cool that they will make you want to become a dolphin!
3 comments:
I laughed out loud reading your blog at work... again. And I already wanted to become a dolphin without the help of Planet Earth, although I would like to watch it anyway. I think I saw a part of it where a polar bear was trying to eat walrus' or something... the bear died and I almost cried. I think I may get too emtionally involved...
oh, by the way these posts are from HANNAH... I am on my boss's computer so their name is posted instead of mine and I don't know how to change it because I am not very bright, sorry :-)
No way you have those!!?? We are totally going to have to sneak over and steal/borrow them!! I have been wanting to see those forever. I'm so glad you were able to be educated while folding laundry :)
Post a Comment