Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Coolest "old people"

Jeff and I constantly laugh at ourselves. Both of us have served in the YM and YW recently (most with the younger kids- 12 to 15) and feel that we are still young enough for the kids to relate too. Well, that DEFINITELY is not true for the teenagers. There have been several times when they would make comments that would make us feel so old! My first lesson that I taught in our ward in San Antonio I said something about being young and that I still remember very well the experiences of high school. The girls just looked at my like "Are you crazy?" So, I guess we are not as young as we sometimes view ourselves :-)... even though I am not even 22 yet!!! To help us feel young we have to do young, hip things- like play the Wii. Our favorite game has become Guitar Hero III, and it is AWESOME. Now, we have proof that we are COOL still. I took pictures of me playing with my niece and siblings, so that I could prove that we ARE the coolest "old people".
Our niece, Ashley, playing at our house when Tyler and Rylie were here. Isn't this such a cute picture of her? She looks like a real teenager and definitely fits the role of a Guitar Hero rockstar!!!
Tyler is AWESOME at this game. I play this game on medium and struggle- he plays it on expert! His fingers move so fast! I wish I would have taken a video for everyone to see!!!

Rylie and Ashley playing


Ashley and I playing Guitar Hero III. I am making the funniest face!

2 comments:

Jeffrey Jones said...

What's the deal, no comments? I guess our blog isn't cool anymore.

amber {and co.} said...

whatever, your blog is the COOLEST!!!! Cody and I check it like four or five times a day. Okay maybe not that much, but we love reading whats up with our bestest friends! :)