I know I have been awful at updating our blog!!! We have been busy, but I haven't had anything great to blog about. BUT this last week we ventured to Utah to visit my parents and to attend General Conference (which was AMAZING!!) We decided that we would attempt flying with Mckenna for the first time and she did really well. Jeff rates her trip to Salt Lake (with a stop in Denver) as a "C". She cried herself to sleep on the first flight and then only at the landing on the second flight. However, she doesn't do well after the flight! We had dinner with my mom's side of the family the night we landed. I was excited for my aunts and uncles to meet her and she only cried for them! I think the stress of traveling and being in a strange place, plus having a messed up sleep schedule, gave her a tummy ache! Other than that first day we all enjoyed our trip. Mckenna was continiously passed around and got lots of snuggles (especially from Aunt Rylie and Grandma). On our trip home they let us use her car seat (because the plane was very empty). She slept the ENTIRE trip home (minus the 20 minutes she woke up in the Denver airport to eat). It was amazing! I think it would be worth it to pay for a ticket for her EVERY time (of course we would have to be able to afford that, haha) because she did so well!
Conference was so great. I have never attended a "live" session, so it was an extra special conference for me! We were able to go to the Saturday afternoon session and the Sunday morning session. Sunday morning was awesome because we got to be there for Music and the Spoken word. I love MoTab and in that Conference center they sound beautiful and so powerful! I loved Elder Worthlin's talk- we all could use a little mor laughter in our lives! I also really enjoyed Pres. Monson's Sunday morning talk on Enjoying the Journey! I was totally reminded again that we need to enjoy everyday and every small thing. What a great weekend!
In other news- Mckenna turned 3 months old yesterday (typed while wiping a tear from my eye, haha). She is getting SO big! She has to weigh over 13 pounds and is around 23-24 inches!!! She is growing out of her clothes. The 0-3 month onesies still fit, but she is starting to wear 3-6 months too (which drown her, but still "fit"). We also think (and are pretty positive) that she is teething--- I know she is too young for that, but I read it is not UNcommon in 3 month olds and my nephew Jaxon got his first teeth around this time. She has been extra whiny and clingy and DROOLING like a mad woman, not to mention showing a lot of the classic signs of teething (diarhea, low grade fever, etc). She also has the white gums and she hates when I touch it! We hope that this all gets over with soon and when she does finally cut the teeth I will definitely post pictures!!
Well, I think that is all for now! My sister-in-law is letting us borrow a camera until everything with ours is taken care of (and that has been a HUGE headache), so I will try puling the pictures off of it tomorrow and posting some!!
PS---Congrats to the Phillips Family and the Kimball family on the arrival of their baby boys last week! We got to meet baby Chandler (Phillips) and look forward to meeting baby Cason (Kimball) sometime!
4 comments:
I think Morgan is going to teeth soon too! She has been drooling like a mad woman for about a week and half, she even blows bubbles!
hey Kara & jeff, your baby is so cute! congrats! I am so glad you are all doing so well! great to see your blog!
Dana (goodman) sweet
I hear babies teeth will move up and down for a while before they actually break through, so she probably is teething, but you might not see anything for a while. Poor little girl. I am glad we don't have to experience that as adults.
sounds familiar, I just took Brooklyn to NM to meet my grandparents and it wasn't a lot of fun. It was a 6-7 hour drive and it threw her off. We are flying to UT the end of this month and hoping it goes well! Glad you enjoyed your trip. We definately need pictures of McKenna!
Post a Comment