Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Lots to Blog

Mckenna is sleeping and I am trying to stay awake for a little longer, so I thought I would blog! There are lots and lots of pictures- enjoy! She is getting so big. At her doctors appointment on Monday she weighed 8 lbs. 6 oz. and has rolls on her arms and legs!!! The bilirubin is getting much better. She has beautiful pink skin again and the whites of her eyes are turning back to white (instead of yellow). Now that we don't have to wake her up to eat every 2 hours, night time is way better! Last night she slept for 4 hours and then again for another 6 before she woke up to eat- WOOHOOO! It was wonderful! I hope tonight is another good night! Being a mom is so great and I love watching Jeff be such a wonderful dad!

12 comments:

Bjarnson Family said...

I will just make one big comment here on this first post. She is wonderful Cara and Jeff. I think she looks alot like Jeff in these pictures but you can tell that she has mommy futures as well. I am so glad things are getting better with the little baby at home. You guys all look great. Keep up on the posting.

Bjarnson Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Caitlin said...

she is so incredibly adorable! being a mom is so much fun and it just gets more fun as they get older. Makenna is smiling more and more and starting to interact. i think mckenna looks like you more than jeff. it looks like you guys are doing awesome! if i can help in any way, let me know :)

Carole said...

Thanks for giving up some of your precious quiet time to post. All the pictures look great and I just love those cheeks! Glad the jaundice is going down and you are all adjusting. We miss you all!!

amber {and co.} said...

She is so incredibly beautiful, we love her!!! And what a good baby, I can't believe she slept for 6 hours, hooray! You guys are such great parents and we're so happy for you, keep the pictures/updates coming!

Meagan said...

Looks like you guys have been having a lot of fun!! I am so happy for you that you can finally get some sleep- hopefully she'll keep it up for you.

Josh and Tiff said...

She looks happy and healthy. Benson and Grant both had high bilirubin levels so I can understand the anxiety you probably felt. She is a doll. Good work guys.

Brittany said...

So Cute! I love how she is chunky. We are so happy for you both.

Krista said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! I love your blog...I can never see too many baby pictures!
Krista Day Allphin

Tim and Jennifer said...

Oh man. Enjoy the sleep while you can! She is so cute. I was thinking to myself that I wish I took more pics of Kyle as a newborn, but I was so out of it.

Kelsey said...

Well, congrats!! She is too cute! Looks like you are enjoying yourself as much as you should...I have had to go back to work for a few weeks untill we get into our home and man it SUCKS!! enjoy your little one!!

Tim and Jennifer said...

Cara, we have a house but we're still waiting for it to close!! Tim will get there Friday, August 1, and then I will fly in on Saturday with Kyle. It's coming so fast! Also, I started the substitute teaching application, but never finished it because I have to bring it in to the office it says. Also, I don't know what schools are in the area. I don't want to drive far away. I hope they are still accepting applications when I get there!!