Sunday, July 27, 2008

Thriving

On Monday we took Mckenna to the pediatrician for her two week appointment. They weighed and measured her again AND we were shocked when the nurse told us that she grew an inch (she is now 21 inches long) and she weighed 9 lbs. 12 oz.- that means she gained 1 lb 6 oz between her two appointments!!!! We couldn't believe it! She is getting so big. The doctor came in and said "Well by her weight gain we know that she is thriving!" That is what every parent loves to hear, right? Besides gaining lots of weight and eating a TON- Mckenna is doing great! She is sleeping pretty well at night. She will sleep for about 6 hours atleast once in the night and we are loving that! She also is getting so strong and loves her tummy time on the floor! We really love having Mckenna home with us!!!!

We are really adjusting to life as parents. It is amazing how difficult it is to have a baby and get things done like we used too! I never thought it would be as hard as it is, but I am so glad I have Jeff around. And you will never guess how many times Mckenna went to Target before she wad 2 weeks old--- 6 times!!!! Yikes, we go there a lot :-)!!! It is a one stop shop for us though, so it makes us only have to go to one store with her instead of 2 or 3 stores! Anyway, when we do something fun or exciting I will post something else- but for now all of the excitement in our lives is MCKENNA!

12 comments:

The Fiores said...

Holy moly she gained a lot! Morgan is slowly gaining weight, she is almost back to her birth weight! I agree about target, we have been there about 5 times at least since Morgan was born lol. It is also hard to get into our routine, my house is slowly getting cleaner and cleaner by the day, I even was able to do laundry last night ha-ha. Im glad to hear she is doing so great, and I love the outfit and bow!

amber {and co.} said...

She's such a sweetheart! Every time I talk to Cody and he says how cute and sweet she is I get so jealous that I'm not there! But I'm glad she's such a good baby and I know you guys are great parents! :)

Jenni said...

She is so cute! We have to come see her this week before she gets too big. and by the way, her outfit and bow are just too cute! Love the purple!

Carole said...

To quote all my kids..."Aaawww, she is so cute!" Thanks for another great picture and glad life is so exciting for you both!

Kelsey said...

Oh, what a cutie and man she is getting big fast!! Her bows are soo cute! And she might be your excitement for a while...

Jessica said...

She is looking so cute! Thats great you are getting out and doing things....I LOVE target too! :)

Krista said...

She is so cute! What a chunker! That's how we like them!

Hannah said...

OH MY GOODNESS CARA! She is gorgeous and I love her. I really just want to smooch her all over her face and then pinch those amazing cheeks! I think she looks like a really good mix between you and Jeff. I can't wait to meet her and see you (mommy) in action!!! xxxooo

Brittany said...

How fun! She is adorable! I can't beleive she is getting so big. By the time I finally get to meet her who knows how big she'll be :) So make a trip here quick before she grows up too much! I am so glad things are going so well for you guys!!! I can't wait until I have one!

Saundra and Hoby said...

What a sweetheart!!! I love the outfit. I am so glad that things are going so well for all of you. I'm looking forward to coming back down soon. I miss you all!
Love,
Mom

Natalie said...

She is so cute. I love her outfit. Keep up the good work. It will get a little easier as you get into a routine.

Meagan said...

It is pretty funny how much longer it takes you to do such simple things once you have a baby. I finally understood why my mom put things on her to do list like "put on make-up" and "make bed"--- you feel like you can actually check something off! :) I'm glad she is getting so big... too cute!