Monday, December 29, 2008

Sunday

Yesterday morning Jeff called me (he was already at church for bishopric meeting) and said "Brother Smith (2nd counsilor in our bishopric) would like to meet with you a couple minutes before Sacrament meeting". I said "Okay" found our what time I would need to meet him and then proceeded to get ready for church while wondering "why would the he want to meet with me?".

Well.... Yesterday I taught my last lesson as the Laurels advisor and am now the ward activities chairman! I did not expect this calling at all (even though I did tell Jeff that I would like to do that calling), especially because of Mckenna. BUT, I am very excited for it! I think I can do some good things for the ward!

So, I would love if you all would post an idea or two of the ward activities that you have loved participating in over the years. They can be small activities or great Holiday themed parties, any idea will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!!!

5 comments:

Hannah said...

In my New York ward we had a restaurant group-- so fun. Every month we would try another restaurant and just get together and have an amazing dinner with fun ward people. It was just an activity for whomever could make it, and I loved it. That might be a tough one, but it was my favorite :-) You'll be amazing. Can't wait to hear updates about your fun activities.

P.S. on a separate note: Adam has a job interview tomorrow for a job in San Antonio!

xxoo

amber {and co.} said...

hooray! Cara you are going to do GREAT in this calling, and im so excited that we get to be in the ward soon to reap the benefits of all your hard work! i cant think of any spectacular activities off the top of my head, but ill keep thinking about it and will definitely be there to help ya! keep us updated on how it goes! :)

Jessica said...

YAY! ... that is so funny that you actually got called to it!! weren't we just talking about that? anyway i'll have to get back to you on ideas.....see you soon, we get back from WA on thursday!

Hannah said...

Of course you're allowed to pray! Ha ha ha ha... I would love that so much. We would have a reunion! I think the interview went well but he has three other things going as well that I think would be better for his career, but its tough to get an offer anywhere in the financial services industry so we'll take whatever we can get at this point! The great thing is that San Antonio cost of living looks right up my alley and could allow us to have a baby sooner than initially planned :-) How long will you stay in Texas?? Miss you!!

Caitlin said...

we had a potato bar for a ward party...just because. it was so fun to mingle!
oh, and yesterday, we were on the same flight as jana and chad flying to seattle! it was so crazy!