Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Before Mckenna turned 3 months old she got....

A passport....


because we get to go here....
and here

BUT, best of all....

MCKENNA GETS TO MEET GRANDMA AND GRANDPA JONES!!!!!


If you haven't figured out by now we get to go to Spain and France from December 11th-23rd. We have been very fortunate for things to work out for us to go. We were able to use our credit card points to buy plane tickets. We are also able to use a time share (THANKS again Mom and Dad Jones!!) for our hotel in France. It even has a kitchen, which will be so nice in helping us save money on food! The hotel is located next to Disneyland Paris and is about a 30 minute train ride to Paris. We are so excited for that, but are even more excited for the time we get to spend in Spain! It will be great seeing Jeff's parents and I can't wait for Mckenna to meet them!!

If you have any good travel tips with a 5 month old (that is how old she will be at the time we go) we are all ears. Also, if you have any favorite spots in Paris for us to visit, let us know! We have also heard it is cold and rainy in both places during that time of the year (we are excited anyway)- What kind of things do you use in that weather with a baby?

After this I will have two stamps in my passport now- WOOOHOOO!

9 comments:

Carole said...

That is so exciting! Donny and I had hoped to make it to Europe before April, but recent events will probably keep that from happening. That is so awesome you get to use some timeshare again because that is a huge cost savings! Have an amazing time and realize you will have to go back another time since Mckenna will complain that she doesn't remember going when she was a baby....

Kelsey said...

fun!! You guys will have so much fun, I am jealous! I will let you know on tips for the trip, we are going on one the end of this month and she will be 5 months. Yeah I noticed the no comment on your blog, glad you got it fixed!!

Tara said...

I was wondering why I couldn't comment...thought maybe I was blocked or something! hahaha! Anyway, you will have a fabulous time in Paris. It is an amazing city! We stayed really close to the Eiffel Tower and ate a pastry every morning on a bench in the park and just looked up at it. Amazing! So my advice: Hit the little pastry shops and eat an eclair. They are by far the best ever! Travel tips with a baby: Be sure and check with your doctor first, but I have been told that baby meds to open the eustation tubes really help on planes. I haven't given any to Parker, but I do try and give him a bottle right after take off and before landing. It really helps his ears to adjust to the changes!

Caitlin said...

how exciting! that'll be so fun for you guys! and jeff's parents will love mckenna! we got your baby announcement today. so super cute!

Tim and Jennifer said...

How fun! My most memorable include climbing the stairs to the top of the Arc de Triomphe and seeing the eiffel tower all lit up at night.

The Fiores said...

Fun I cant wait to see the pictures! I was just reading an article about traveling with baby a few days ago, it said to feed the baby while you are taking off and landing (should be easy with such long flights) that clears their little ears like gum does ours!

Emily P. said...

i am so jealous! never have been close to there. Mckenna is so cute, she has the most beautiful skin! Thanks for the advice on the test. I wont be taking the same one you took, it's different but i found out that it wont be as hard as i thought either. :)

Brittny Kimball said...

I am so jealous, you guys will have so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cara! I love your site. I hope you don't mind me looking at it and Mckenna is beautiful. I found your site through Annie Foote's. I'm glad you guys are doing well. She and I are still in Galv 2nd ward.

I have lost Melissa and Murray's info and have been wanting to get ahold of them. Can you email me at karenann1979@cox.net with their contact info? I would be forever grateful! :)

Karen Andersen