Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Cakes!

My Mom has started making really cool cakes as a great hobby! She took a couple classes and then has learned a lot from books and the internet. She has made some awesome cakes- I wish I had pictures of them all ( you can see some pictures on her blog)!!! When we were in Utah she roughly "taught" me how to do fondant on cakes and then shared some of her cake secrets!!! I decided I would try to make a cake (and continue to make a cake so that next July I can make a spectacular 1st birthday party cake for Mckenna… haha) Anyway, here is my finished project! It was fun, but a great learning process. I know exactly what I can do next time to make it better and EASIER! The cake tasted delicious, we shared it with my sister-in-law and her family!!!


The "blue" is ACTUALLY dark purple! I am sad that the picture looks blue because the purple makes much more sense for Halloween!


A side view!!


 

Also, posting from Microsoft Word is easy, but to do pictures you have to do something different. I don't really know how to explain it, but if you are interested in learning you can call me!!

No comments: