Spontaneous: arising from impulse, rather than from planning
Those who know me well know that I am 100 percent a planner, probably to a fault. I am actually quite obsessive with being planned and feeling organized- my husband calls me OCD sometimes!!! BUT… this weekend I WAS spontaneous. We got an e-mail late on Friday afternoon from Jeff's brother, Marty. The e-mail said that they had two Southwest vouchers that would be expiring on Tuesday the 28th. We joked around for a little about all the places we could visit. Minnesota, Utah, Colorado, Arizona- you know places with family so that we didn't have to pay for a hotel…I know we are cheap!!! In our minds it sounded nice, but not probable. Then I remembered that my GREAT friend Brittany was having her baby shower in Arizona on the 25th. We called my sister to find out details, talked to Marty and then decided TO GO TO ARIZONA THE NEXT MORNING!!! Yikes!! I stopped making my grocery list, started a load of laundry, called Jana to cancel our Halloween party and then made a quick trip to Target for some things that we needed. It was a whirlwind!!! We had our plane tickets printed off around 9pm and were leaving Texas within 12 hours. It was insane!
We hopped onto a plane on Saturday morning and arrived in Phoenix at 9:40am- AZ time of course! Brittany's shower started at 10:00am, so we rented our car and drove to Chandler. Before we made it to the shower we made two VERY important stops- stop number one was at Elmer's Tacos for some buttered tortillas with sauce…I wish you all knew how DELICIOUS Elmer's is because you would all be so jealous!!! Then we made our way quickly to QuickTrip, a local gas station, and got some delicious drinks with all of their fun mix-ins! When I got to Brittany's shower she was shocked. She had no idea that I was coming and it was AMAZING to see her!!! I got to see some many other old friends and got to catch up with them. Brittany got some adorable stuff. I can't wait to meet her beautiful baby girl, Hallie Pearl Hutchison- adorable name huh?
The rest of the weekend was filled with family, FOOD, and fun!!! We ate at some many great places. The first on my list was Serrano's- you just can't get a tasty enchilada anywhere in San Antonio. We also ate El Sol breakfast burritos, NYPD pizza and garlic knots, In-n-Out, and Basha's donuts!!! YUM, YUM, YUM!!!! Other than eating we got to spend tons of time with Marty and family and Cassi and family. Mckenna got to hang out with 6 girl cousins this weekend!!! I love Arizona so much and always want to move back so bad after our visits.
Our second spontaneous thing….we bought a new truck! Holy cow, I know that sounds so crazy, but this is something that has been in the works for months! Jeff has been watching truck prices and finding out how much our Corolla is worth. Because of gas prices through the summer trucks have been extremely cheap. Now that gas prices have gone down so much in San Antonio we decided it was a great time. ALSO- and this is the biggest reason- we are going to have to put money in to the Corolla soon. It will need new tires and other little repairs done in the next year, so we decided that instead of paying for that stuff we should put that money into a new car that has a warrantee that will last until we are out of school. We are so excited that we got such an amazing deal. The truck is an F-150 super Crew. It is black- I know two black cars…crazy… and it has some cool features that we didn't think we would be getting! Again, I didn't take a picture- but when we drive it out to San Antonio in November I will take pictures and post them!!!
We got home last night. It is nice being here! And Mckenna did wonderful on the flights again! Yahoo! She doesn't like to travel very much, but we have learned from our last two trips what we need to do to keep her happy, especially on the first day! Thanks again to Marty and Heidi for the tickets, we REALLY appreciated getting them!!!!
We hope everyone is doing well!!!
PS… I took the camera, but never pulled it out of the suitcase- oops! So no pictures this time, but I will take plenty when we go to Arizona for Thanksgiving!
11 comments:
That is so fun! While we are glad you had a great time in AZ, Tori and I both agree MN would have been a better choice :-) Congrats on the new truck too!
Sounds crazy and exciting!! That was nice if them to give you the flights! How fun... Hope Brooklyn does as good as McKenna on flights, we shall see tomorrow!? Wish us luck!
wow how crazy and fun!....mmmm butter tortillas, i get mine with no sauce lol.
O man Cara you should have given me a call so we could have gotten together while you were here in good old AZ. I want to meet that baby of yours.
you seriously didn't take A SINGLE PICTURE??? I don't know if we can be friends. :) stick that thing in your diaper bag and then it will go wherever you go! What a fun fun trip. That is so fun to do something so randomly spontaneous! Free tickets are the best...that's how we get around! I'm glad you could have such a fun trip and that is awesome that you could surprise Brittany! I bet she was shocked! I wish i could have seen that.
Lucky!! That sounds so fun. Looks like you're living a good life right now! Tim can't wait to see the truck. When are you free next week??
That sounds like so much fun! My Mom told me she saw you guys at Deseret Book- and she said that McKenna is adorable!
I am so jealous! Way to be spontaneous. I think you would've regreted it if you hadn't.
WHAT!!! You guys were here and didn't even tell us!!!! Jeffrey you are officially NOT my favorite cousin anymore! I thought we were close guys. That hurts. It really hurts. Okay so I am totally kidding but still bummed we didn't get to see you. Are you really coming here for Thanksgiving? Give us a call and come check out the house!
Whoo hoo for being spontaneous! I am totally the same way, I have my routine (especially now with Chandler) and will raise hell if it gets thrown off! I'm proud of you and glad you got to go to the shower... except next time you decide to be spontaneous I hope you come to UT :) And thats great about the new truck, Cody and I are jealous!
Post a Comment