Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Something on My Mind!

Well, it was just announced that Obama will be the next president. I don't have much to say about that because like it or not we all knew it would end up that way. I hope that he can do good for our country. BUT, during this election year and with the economy turning bad I have felt so strongly about a couple of issues. My Mom works in the mortgage industry (and has for many, many years) and it has been quite interesting to talk with her about what has happened with mortgages. She told Jeff and I about some deregulation that occurred during Clinton's administration and since that conversation I have been keeping my eye out for an article like this one. My intent is not to put blame on anyone, but to expose some serious misunderstandings that have occurred in the past several months. I liked that this article was written by a Democrat and that it (for the most part) is unbaised. I am glad that someone is addressing the issues that have been bothering me so much lately. Now, if only someone could point out that if we, as consumers, didn't spend beyond our limits we could have helped prevent such a huge economic downturn!!!

I am ready to be done with Republicans VS Democrats...I hope that after tonight it will be OVER!!! I believe strongly in supporting elected officials and hope that we can have a UNITED States of America again, instead of a Red America and a Blue America!!!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I WANT MORE PICTURES OF YOUR STINKIN' CUTE BABY. Preferably in a Halloween costume. The End.

oh, P.S. I miss you, and I miss our political/religious/childish chats we used to have! Good Post.

amber {and co.} said...

Amen to that! I love politics, but it seems like this year the "dirty politics" have been taken to the extreme, especially with all the Prop 8 controversy! Guess it's a sign of the times right?