Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Our first big OUCH!

Well, I laid Mckenna down on the bed and turned around...BUT I thought that Jeff would stay there and play with her (like he was when I laid her down). Jeff thought that I was staying with her and turned around at the EXACT same time I did. So, both of us thought that the other was staying with her. I walked into the bathroom to get the aquafor (for Mckenna's chapped face) and I heard Jeff scream....Turned just in enough time to see Mckenna hit the ground....Ran to pick her up and hold her while she cried. Jeff actually saw it happen, but was far enough from her that he couldn't get to her in time, but she landed in the best way possible (on her tummy with her arm her). Well, we calmed her down and then noticed that her tears were stained. The very corner of her eye was very red and she was bleeding from her eye! Poor baby. We called Jeff's cousin (Christopher) who is an eye doctor to find out if we needed to worry. He just said to wait and watch her! I was worried that her brain was bleeding and building up some much pressure that the blood was coming out her eye....just kidding, but it did enter my mind just a little. We watched her the rest of the night and all day the next day- she has done great! Ate well, slept well, and wasn't fussy!!! But, it was a pretty traumatic experience and I felt AWFUL!!!! I am sure that this is not the last injury for Mckenna :-(

5 comments:

Tim and Jennifer said...

Have you seen how high our bed is? I felt awful when Kyle fell from it as well. Sorry that had to happen. Rest up before Friday!!

Kelsey said...

That must have been horrible. We have yet to have Brooklyn fall off anything!! I am not looking forward to the day when something does happen. Glad to hear she is ok though.

Annie said...

Poor Cara! I'm sure it scared you more than it hurt her. Babies are so resilient, and luckily they forget very quickly. Just remember we've all turned our back, and bleeding brains are rare!

amber {and co.} said...

Poor Mckenna!!! I'm sure that was super traumatic for you and Jeff, especially to see her eye bleeding! Sad! My mind would have jumped to a bleeding brain too, I like how moms imagine the worst possible scenarios :) We're so glad she's alright, give her a big fat kiss for us!! Oh and I want to talk to you asap missy! Give me a call tomorrow or if that doesn't work then let me know when we can chat! I'm pretty open! :)

Brittany said...

Yikes!!! You child neglecters, I'm calling CPS! Just kidding! How sad, more for you probably than McKenna. The first big injury is bound to happen sooner or later, but not fun. I am not looking forward to it with Hallie. I am dreading her shots for now. No mommy wants their baby to be in pain. But I am so glad she is doing ok. Miss you!