Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What Never to do When You are Sick....

I have been sick. I have a cough and a constant headache. It has been no fun, and the mornings are ALWAYS the worst! Well, yesterday in the late morning I started feeling better so we went and has a fun MLK day. I kept feeling good, so I kept working on activities committee stuff late in to the night (like 12:30am). I walked into the office to pull a paper off the printer and then I coughed. The next thing I hear is Mckenna waking up.... NOOOOO! I totally woke her up! That started her terrible, no good, very rotten night! She cried for over an hour and then fell asleep only after drinking some water from her sippy cup. THEN, at 3:30am she woke again!!! I was so exhausted because I had stayed up so late, so I decided instead of doing what we normally do for night wakings (let her cry from 10 minutes and then check on her...) I would just let her have a bottle and I would rock her until she calmed down. Well, that helped but only a little!!!! She kept crying and crying and then she didn't fall back to sleep--- so at 4:30am I decided she would have to cry herself to sleep and I went back to bed. I closed her door and our door, covered my head and went back to sleep! It was terrible!

LESSON learned...

When I am sick DO not stay up late and cough near Mckenna's room!!!!

4 comments:

amber {and co.} said...

Oh man Cara, waking up at night with a crying baby is hard enough, let alone when you're sick! I wish I was there to take her while you get some sleep, but I'm sure there are plenty of people there who would love to play with Mckenna, so let someone take her and GO TO BED!!! love you!

Caitlin said...

Makenna and I are passing a cold back and forth. She was doing a lot better but then had a horrible night last night, too. I feel your pain! I woke up this morning feeling worse than I had the last couple of days...and of course a million things to do! Hang in there!

Kelsey said...

Man, everyone is getting this sickness!! Sorry to hear about the awful night, hopefully you got some nap time today too!!

Brittany said...

Cute, precious, and adorable! I love the previous two posts pic's! How sweet! I am so sorry about the late night. No fun, but I have learned from your mistake and will keep my coughing away from Hallie at night :)I wish you lived close so I could help in some way. One day, after all the schooling is done, I will be able to come to your rescue again. Hope your feeling better!