Monday, January 12, 2009
Parenting...
What a touchy subject! I was just reading a great friend's blog and there were so many comments with all kinds of advice. Some think this and other think that is awful (you know what I am talking about). I just couldn't help but feel annoyed that so many people would be so pushy about their views on parenting. Do we all have to think that letting your baby cry is bad? Do we all have to think that you should let your child cry for hours until they fall asleep? NO.... Personally Jeff and I did the REAL cry it out method found in this book (this is the original cry it out expert) and it isn't just let your baby cry for hours on end!! But, I would never push this on someone! I think it is great to suggestion maybe trying this out, but you don't have to be so pushy. I don't get why people have to be so "correct" when it comes to baby matters. There isn't one perfect way to parent a child. The way that I do it works great for us, but it probably wouldn't work for others. Uggghhh...I am still annoyed, but whatever! I just don't get moms sometimes :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
lol Cara I am so glad you wrote this post, it is exactly how I am feeling too! What I was hoping for when I wrote the post was SUGGESTIONS on what has worked for other parents, not black and white "this is right and this is wrong"... it's amazing to me how it seems like there is no middle ground for some people! What really cracked me up though is how exactly alike we are, when Chandler's doctor said to let him "cry it out" I didn't want to just shut him up and let him cry, so I researched different methods and Ferber's was the one I decided to use! I love that we're on the same page! Thanks for your love and support, Cody and I don't know what we would do without you guys :) Talk to ya tomorrow!!
Totally agree!! I mean why do people have to think that all babies are the same? We're all different people and we all like and dislike certain things so why wouldn't we think that it would be the same for babies? They're just little people with differences that were developed well before they got here! Good post! Totally agree with ya!
Cara you are so funny. You are right about this post though. I gave her some suggestions on what I have heard works and what worked when I was a nanny but I didnt really say I was right or wrong. But man I didnt think it was going to cause a huge grief on her blog. It was funny but sad at the same time.
I just spent a few hours with a friend last night who has a 2 week old baby. She is totally frazzled! Not only are her nerves shot, exhausted etc., but she's getting advice on this very matter ranging from right to left. Who's right? I have done exactly the same things for all 3 of my kids, and they've all responded very differently. I think there's a lot to be said for intuition and prayer.
you are totally right. ask your mom...i'm sure things that worked with you didn't work with your other siblings, even! we did the ferber method, too and it seemed to work for us. how's mckenna doing now? my makenna seems to sleep from 7-5, eats, and sleeps from 5:30 til 8. i hope we can get rid of that 5:00 feeding! anyway, do what works for you and don't worry about what other people say!
I agree! I wish things weren't so cut and dry for some women. Theres things that work and things that don't work for babies, like adults every baby is different. It seriously makes me crazy, just wait until they reach preschool! Everyone goes at his or her own pace and what works for one doesn't work for all, otherwise they would make a one size fits all baby :). Has McKenna gotten her 6 month check up yet? Morgan had hers today, she is 15 pounds and 26.5 inches tall and skinny!
haha. Try living in Utah with a little baby. Everyone's a pro there! Even when people say, "Oh this method works! You need to do this!" I still had my doubts. I think it depends on your own parenting style that you develop yourself.
Post a Comment