That is the question that gets asked over and over again at our house (which is a continuation of the same question being asked daily in my house growing up...) I have been trying really hard to make a meal plan and stick to it! That has saved us time and money, but I have noticed (and Jeff has pointed out) that we eat the same things OVER and OVER again! It gets so boring. I LOVE his mom's stroganoff recipe and it is so easy, but we went through a phase that we probably ate it 2 times a week!I need ideas!!!! I have looked through many cookbooks, recipe blogs and websites, some have worked out and others haven't. What do you guys eat???? Any easy (or atleast not extremely time consuming) recipes to share???
My sister-in-law, Carole, is an amazing cook (I haven't sampled much of her cooking, but I have heard from many other family members that her cooking is great!) and she recently started a recipe blog. I have tried some of her recipes and it has inspired me to ask other people for MORE! We love all kinds of food, so if you have any recipes send them my way... cara5386@gmail.com!!! Also, if anyone else would like any recipes that I get sent to them let me know and I will e-mail them to you! I totally appreciate anyone who as any ideas at all!! Even if you don't have a recipe you can send me that idea and I will look up a recipe!!!
THANK YOU!!!! Our tummys will appreciate a little variation in our diets!!!
5 comments:
Cara if you go to yahoo recipes they have some awesome ones. That is where I get my meals for Brandon and I. They are really easy. Let me know if you have troubles finding them.
Cara I am in the same rut so send me anything you got because I will try it. Love ya
Hi Cara!
We just had a new dish last night that was super easy. We have an indoor grill but you can also do this in a regular pan on the stove. I used chicken tenderloins but you can also use breasts, I prefer the tenderloins though because they taste better and are easer to chew. :) All you do is grill them with a little olive oil and italian seasonings. Warm up some pasta sauce or tomato sauce. Pour a little over the cooked/seasoned chicken. Top with parmesan cheese! Definitely a good substitute for the normally very-high carb italian food. But of course for myself (who is not trying to lose weight) I had a side of enchiladas too! ;) See if you guys like that one!
Love,
Harmony
One more quick one that I thought of (we're having these tonight): Taco burgers. These are really good.
Mix 1 1/2 pounds of lean ground beef with 1/2 packet of taco seasoning. Mix in 1/4 cup ketchup and 1/4 cup milk. Form into about 6 patties and grill until done.
These are great topped with cheddar cheese. I eat mine on bread or buns and Greg eats his with just meat and cheese when he's doing a low-carb plan.
-Harmony
I've got some recipes for you. Will try to get them to you soon! Adam is pretty picky so he actually prefers I make the same things over and over so I don't get too adventurous on him. I LOVE cooking and will share some of the easiest and my favorites with you. xxxooo
Post a Comment